Wednesday 17 June 2015

Wednesday Words - Our Beautiful World

Time to share my photo for this week's word - BELL - at Our Beautiful World.

 http://www.our--beautiful--world--365.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/obw-101-bell.html

I immediately thought of church bells as the ringers in my village practise every Tuesdday evening, but of course that would need to be a sound recording. It was DT Ros's photo of the lily of the valley that sent me on a different interpretation and had me searching out flower bells. Here's what I discovered:

And this story is:
I'd walked past these, growing like weeds, for several days without bothering to stop and take a closer look. Amazing what you can see when you actually take time to look.

And this story is:
I've never actually planted any foxgloves in my garden, think they must be sown by birds, but they come up every year and every year I take photos impressed by their beauty all over again.

And my second installment of a photo every day in June, days 7-12.


There is a story to each of these photos which I'm planning to make into a digital album later this year. Of note is the new highchair - yep I did it again! The old one got packed away without the harness, probably too messy to keep, and things have moved on in five years and it was just easier and almost as cheap to buy new. And the knitted hoodie waiting for its buttons has been on the go since before Ed was born, which is so not like me, but it will be finished! And I adore that pink flower, pass it several times a day on my walks to Dad's, but have no idea what it's called.

Well hope you've enjoyed today's post. Please come back again tomorrow for a new CC&S Challenge and again on Friday for the new Uniko challenge. Have you checked out Uniko's updated website? FABULOUS!

Thanks for your visit. And keep crafting! And taking photos!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. They sure are pretty bells aren't they? Thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos again Jane!! I LOVE your purple bell shaped flowers - I know I've seen them before but don't know what they are. The foxgloves are just classic - I super love them too, must get some for my garden. I enjoy your collage of photos - the one that jumped out (other than your gorgeous gs) is the little knitted jumper- is definitely made with love. Thanks for joining in Our Beautiful World

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.