Sunday 21 June 2015

AAA Cards Game #42 Paste & Stencil

Oh such a new technique for me this fortnight at AAA Cards! But it's good to try new things, and everything needs at least one chance and I did surprise myself.

http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/

I started with my new experience - using embossing paste. Now I'm not a lover of heavy looking embellishment of any kind so I chose pastel colours to try to keep my card as light as possible. I mixed three colours into the paste before spreading through a stencil. And I only have the plastic type of stencils and I think metal ones are better for getting crisp outlines with paste.


Once the paste had dried I die cut a stitched circle from it and over stamped with some pale grey blooms and the first part of the sentiment.


The butterflies were stamped onto scraps of patterned paper and then die cut before being mounted onto pads in a triangle round the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Everything Changes, Fresh Flowers
Inks: SU, smoky slate; Memento, tuxedo black, dandelion, rose bud, bahama blue
Dies: Clearly Besotted, Everything Changes; Lawn Fawn, large circle stackables
Paste: Dreamweaver
Stencil: Artsplorations, shutters


So what do you think of my first ever attempt at using paste? I have to say it was not as tricky as I feared. And will I use it again? Well I won't be rushing, but I'm glad I tried it and I'm not saying never.

I'm going to pop this card into the challenge at Less is More where they want to see a stencil being used on a card.

We'd love you to display our banner

Time now for you to check out what the rest of the AAA Cards DT have been up to with paste and stencils - here - some more experienced users amongst us, so you're bound to be inspired. And we have a fab Guest Designer - Shona Chambers - joining us for this challenge, now there's a talented lady, go visit her blog!

Thanks for your time today. And keep crafting!

post signature

16 comments:

  1. WOW! Jane ... seriously this is your first time using embossing paste??? You've rocked it for sure!
    Love the delicate and mixed blended colours which are so pretty then teamed with the striking butterfly images.
    I'm thrilled you could link up at Less is More too! Thanks so much Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool makes, particularly loving the LIM entry

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Jane. You've blended some lovely pastel colours and I've never tried overstamping the paste but this looks great.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, you pasted like a pro. i love the blended colors and I love that the stencil/paste is on a separate cut, and adhered to the card base. The butterfly die cuts are wonderful in your design and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you pulled off this challenge! The circle was genius, the butterflies are icing on the cake. Love your new lighting in your photography too. Bright and dramatic. Hugs, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous love the pastel colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This stencilling is really effective Jane!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Jane, love them both...especially the second one...hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, simply STUNNING Cards!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty and love how you have the coloured paste over the stamped image on the circle. Thats so clever and makes me want to try out the paste even more!! Thanks for having me as a Guest for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and soft card. I like the texture the embossing paste adds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both the overstamping and the soft colours make this fab Jane, well done for trying something new, this is really pretty!
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Jane, such pretty colours and great design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe that this is your first time using embossing paste - the colours are so perfectly blended - I love the soft pastel effect. The butterflies are the perfect embellishment for that beautiful die cut circle - love them! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. Using embossing paste as a faux embellishment is genius! The colors are fab and I think you got great crisp edges. I swear you'll be addicted if you keep going. The trick is the right tool to smush it on with and cool stencils. Love the card x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.