Thursday 7 March 2019

Thursday Thoughts

Today I'm sharing an ATC I created using mixed media. It's going into the challenge at Mix It Up.

SPREAD THE MIXED UP LOVE - grab a badge

Anything Goes + optional twist of Inked Background
(sprays, spritzes, inks, etc.)

My card uses the optional twist of an inked background plus some stencils, heat embossing and foiling.


I actually started this card by stamping and heat embossing the image and then got to work with the background inking. I splashed some water onto the oxide inks to create interest and then used a slightly damp tissue to wipe off the excess ink from the image and give it back its sheen and shine.



I used a stencil to add some more to the background and also inked all round the edge too. I finished off with my new favourite technique - Versamark ink  through a stencil, sticky embossing powder and deco foil rubbed on the melted sticky embossing powder. Just delicious!


Oh and I mustn't forget the words - trimmed down from a Tim Holtz booklet.

Supplies:
Stamps: Visible Image, Tomorrow Doesn't Exist
Inks: Versamark clear + Ranger Superfine black embossing powder; Ranger sticky embossing powder + decofoil rose gold; Ranger distress oxide, black soot, peacock feathers, twisted citron, ocean blue
Stencil: TCW, Mini specimens
Word stickers: Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Small Talk

Thanks so much for your time today, it's been fun having you visit.

And keep crafting!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.