Wednesday 10 June 2015

The Male Room #12

Oh I'm so excited about the new challenge at The Male Room! When I started as a DT member there one of the things I said I would do was to make the occasional scrapbook page when the theme was fitting. Well this fortnight's challenge offered that opportunity and I'm really hoping everyone will like it.

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/06/challenge-12-technique-add-tag.html

And it turned out to be one of those pages that really got my imagination and creativity going and I absolutely love how it came together.


The photo was a humdinger! And I've been hoarding the paper and stickers from Creative Imaginations for ever waiting for the right moment to actually cut into them. And this was definitely it - I didn't even waver for a second - sorry only other paper strokers will understand that.


The tags are actually luggage tags that I stamped all over and then stuck to a piece of A4 paper before running through my printer to add the Harry Potter quotes.


It was one of those pages that I just couldn't stop adding things to. I so enjoyed all the stamping and am particularly pleased with the extra magic coming out of the cauldron made using a Visible Image stamp and wooden stars.

Supplies:
Papers: Magnolia Ink, So Spooky; Creative Imaginations, purple harlequin
Stickers: Creative Imaginations, Wizard
Stamps: Kaisercraft, grid; Clearly Besotted, Fright Night, Lavinia Stamps, bat, spider, cobweb; Visible Image, Universal
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black; Ranger distress, dusty concord; SU, basic grey
Embellishments: Scarp 365, wooden mini stars
Quotes: From Harry Potter, computer generated using Harry Potter font

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I'm really hoping you like my take on the challenge. Hop on over to The Male Room next and be inspired by the rest of the wonderful DT creations.

And keep crafting!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Jane - love, love this scrapbook page! I know just what you mean about stroking your paper :) I think the photo is wonderful! The Harry Potter quotes on the tag are just the perfect accent. Great work. xx

    PS - I really must scrap more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh the young man is adorable..... and your page is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should love it! This is such a great layout with wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab page Jane, and yes I do understand about the paper! I can see why this picture got the special paper treatment, it's great. Hope the potion worked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous photo! I love the way you have put your page together, the tags work perfectly and I just love the spider web in the corner! :)
    I must also scrap more!! :)
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.