Wednesday 24 June 2015

The Male Room #13

For the next fortnight The Male Room would like you to go up in the air!

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/06/challenge-13-theme-up-in-air-no-birds.html

Ok, so no birds. Then for me it has to be balloons and I chose some very non me type colours for a change. And I love the bright green against the black! And as the theme is up in the air I felt the card needed to be tall and thin to give the impression of height.


I started by die cutting a stitched rectangle and stamping some clouds, then die cut four balloons from patterned papers - again unusual for me I'm usually a three person. I used sewing thread for the strings and attached them with a bow to a black sprinkle dot.


The sentiment was computer generated and then die cut. I popped a strip of black dotted card between the two rectangles and highlighted the sentiment with two more sprinkle dots - satisfied my three obsession!

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Hello Sunshine
Ink: SU, basic grey
Papers: Doodlebug, kraft in color & take note
Dies: Clearly Besotted, Make A Wiah; Lil'inker, stitched mats rectangles
Sentiment: computer generated
Embellishments: Doodlebug Sprinkles, beetle black asst.; Sewing thread from my stash

Have you already looked at all the other DT creations over at The Male Room? Bet you were inspired! And our fabulous Guest Designer - Greta of GG Creations -  has made a wonderful vintage feel card, even more inspiration! So what are you waiting for? Get those ideas onto a card and enter the challenge!

Thanks for spending time looking at my blog today. And keep crafting!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Green White and black is a great combo, love the CAS feel to this card but most of all I love the sentiment!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card--love the design, colors & those great balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane- ya had me at green! It is my favorite color! What a fabulous card- but then great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effect of the stitching, must get a die like that. I agree, tall and thin is perfect and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the effect of the stitching, must get a die like that. I agree, tall and thin is perfect and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane - this is wonderful. My favourite colour and super graphic balloons. I really like the way you've made the card tall and thin too. Great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green is not a colour I choose often either, it does look wonderful with Black and White for a masculine card. Love those balloons and the tall card works wonderfully.
    Chris
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Jane. I love the colors and patterns you used here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Jane. I love the colors and patterns you used here :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.