Thursday 7 April 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #168

Such a bright and beautiful trio of colours chosen by Louise at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. A joy to create with!

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2016/04/colour-challenge-168.html

I started by stamping one of the gorgeous grunge stamps from SU onto watercolur paper. I then spritzed it with water and let the colours run until there was nothing left of the stamp.


Once the inks had dried I stamped the butterfly and sentiment on top. A few enamel sprinkles and a narrow matting onto black card and I was done.


Supplies:
Stamps: Newton's Nook, Beautiful Wings; SU, Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: SU, melon mambo, daffodil delight, tangerine tango; Memento, tuxedo black
Embellishments: Doodlebug Sprinkles, beetle black asst.

I know you're going to love these colours as much as me, so get on over to check out the rest of the CC&S DT samples and then indulge yourself and enjoy!

Thanks for visiting today, your time is much appreciated.  And keep crafting!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Jane - I love the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grunge, I love it! I am going to try out your watercolour technique, it looks so dreamy. Love the black accents too. It's a beautiful card Jane
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! LOVE your background colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dreamy watercolor-y background! Your card is fabulous, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this CAS watercolour grunge look, stunning with the outline black butterfly. Apologies for my lateness in commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to be so late with my comments, Jane. I love your card! And I'm also going to try the Spritzed Grunge look! A perfect combination of the butterfly and the sentiment, it's a stunning card. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane - that's a beautiful card. As usual. You may have inspired me to use my gorgeous grunge set for (maybe) the third time. It's not one I usually try. Thanks for sharing. Liz x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.