Thursday 21 April 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #170

How time flies! I can't believe it's already time for the next colour challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. And another fabulous combo this week chosen by Louise.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2016/04/colour-challenge-170.html

I often play around with the colours on scrap paper first and almost immediately came up with the brown and pink flower cluster. That just left me with the turquise to think about.


It was while I was taking a break and out in my garden that I came up with the idea of a strip of blue behind the flowers - might have had something to do with a rare sighting of blue sky. I kept my card to a CAS one layer by masking off the flowers before stamping the lines.


Yes that is five gem stones - makes a change from my usual trio - finishing off my card along with my signature one rounded corner.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Beautiful Blooms III & Simply Said; SU, Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: SU, blushing bride, chocolate chip, tempting turquiose
Embellishments: Hobby House pearls, chocolate heaven 

Ok it's your turn now, looking forward to seeing how you create with CC&S colours.

Thanks for looking today, I'm grateful for your time.  And keep crafting! 

post signature

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this card Jane, beautiful use of the challenge colours, FABulous masking with those blooms and the BG in turquoise works beautifully behind them. STUNNING! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! LOVE the image!!!! And the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Jane. So deceptively simple, love the way you've used the colours and created such a feeling of space of calm. And I have to admit, I do like that trademark of yours! Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome CAS card. Love the streaks of blue behind the flowers and the small accents. Beautiful.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm challenging colours! But you've used them brilliantly. Great masking x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beautiful masking Jane and I love that pretty flower stamp. Definitely need to come up with a signature of my own. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card - love the way you used the colors; the background is cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.