Saturday 4 November 2017

Happy Little Stampers - November Christmas Challenge

And here goes with another project into my Christmas stash!  This month at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge we'd like to see anything Christmas, but the optional twist is a tag.

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/

As I've said on many occasions I love how the smaller scale of a tag seems to give me the freedom to add more of everything and totally abandon my preferred CAS style.


And boy did I have fun putting this little tag together.  I started by die cutting the white tag and cutting a smaller red tag to fit inside. The two layers were stitched together on my little purple - had to be purple didn't it - sewing machine.


I then stamped and coloured and hand cut the wreath, added some shiny red gems and popped it on top of a tartan banner. A wooden deer and a couple of sticker embellishments and I called a halt and made myself stop!

Supplies:
Stamps: Magazine freebie
Ink: SU, baked brown sugar
Embellishments: Mei Flower, red gems; wooden deer & stickers from my stash

Have you already checked out the rest of the wonderful creations from the HLS Christmas DT? If not you can find them HERE. Pretty fantastic they are too!

Thanks for your time today, I really appreciate your visit.  And keep crafting!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. OMGoodness Jane have you had fun making this tag. So many amazing little bits & bobs added here. Of course the tartan jumped out at me. Anything with tartan does! I just loooooooooooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tartan for Christmas and it really makes you lovely tag pop Jane! I love the stitching and all your lovely little details.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jane, this is absolutely beautiful! I love the traditional, decorative feel and all the layers and details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is so rich in colors, patterns and form. I love his traditional Christmas elements. It looks amazing and surely someone will be very pleased with this small work of art.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tag Jane... and it is quite the departure from your usual style. I love it! So many fun elements!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.