Sunday 21 June 2020

White With 1 Facebook Cyber Crop 3

The last of the three Cyber Crop Challenge at White With 1 starts today and of course I've joined in and played along!

Image may contain: stripes, text that says "Cyber Crop 19 to 21 JUNE"  Image may contain: 5 people

Today's challenge was set by DT Tracey:

I was inspired by the background of my photos, so the challenge for you is to be inspired by one colour from your photo background and use just that colour! (various shades and hues are allowed) But wait there is more the extra criteria are:
* at least 3 or more photos
* use an embellishment that doesn't really "go" with the theme of your layout (I used flowers on a beach themed layout)
* use a doily or mixed media (or both, like me)


Here's my take:


Initially I thought to go with the blues from the sky, but when I pulled out some papers the photos seemed to disappear into them. So I tried out some oranges picking up on the colour from the heather scrub in the main photo and this complementary colour worked so much better and made the pics really pop.


I've used 5 photos and my embellishments that don't really go with the theme are the fish, hermit crab and wax crayon. I added quite a bit of stamping, both words and splatters, as my extra mixed media element.


Supplies:
Papers: Lilybeedesigns, Cartwheels; Graphic 45, Fairie Dust; scraps from my stash
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Small Print, Distressed Elements; SU, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Memento, potters clay
Embellishments: Paperchase, puffy hearts; Shimelle, Box of Crayons; Bella Blvd, Secrets of the Sea; Simple Stories, sunshine & Happiness

I'm really grateful for your time today, thanks so much for visiting my blog.

Stay safe and keep crafting!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.