Sunday 11 August 2019

Sunday Slot

Colourful Butterflies is this month's theme at CAS Watercolour - sounds like a perfect pairing to me!



Out came my Uniko butterflies:


I used a gelly plate and watercolour crayons for this card. I simply spritzed some water onto the gelly plate and then scribbled with two colours at a time and used this as my ink pad. I love the random look of the colour mixes and the splodgy bits that happen too.


I wanted to add a birthday greeting, but wasn't sure where to place it. So I stamped it onto a piece of card, trimmed it down and then played around with the position before sticking it down.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, English country Garden Butterflies, Simply Said Blocks
Inks: Dina Wakley, Media Scribble Sticks

I'm so pleased you found your way to my blog today, it's been a pleasure to have you visit.

And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. So delicate and pretty! Gorgeous design:) Thanks for sharing at CAS Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely card Jane! You definitely have some colorful butterflies on this card and I'm loving all the color!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These certainly are beautiful butterflies, Jane! I love the multicolor look! What a great idea to use the Gelli plate to ink them up! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the artsy kaleidoscope of butterflies, Jane! Love the mix of colours make from using your gelli plate as your ink pad. Very cool! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.