Wednesday 12 May 2021

Funky Fossil's May Release - Introducing Wild & Free

Are you ready for the next introduction to Funky Fossil's May release? 

This one is hopping straight onto your wish list for sure!


I'm really excited about my first card as it's the first time I've tried to do the mirror stamping technique. I followed a tutorial from Jennifer McGuire using my misti tool.


I think it turned out pretty well. I used the smaller stamps in the set to add a border at the bottom and matted it up with another sheet of that paper - you'll be pleased to know it's in tomorrow's intro!

Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Wild & Free
Paper: Mixed Media Kaleidescope
Ink: Versafine Clair, nocturne
Pens: Copic, E31, E33, E35, E37, E51, E53, E55, E57, YG23, YG63, BG13, BG49, Y08, Y15, Y19, RV02, RV04, RV09

My next card has a much more muted vintage vibe and uses earthy shades. I started by stamping the scripty writing from Musings to give the hare the illusion of fur. Then I stamped and coloured a bit of a background for it to sit against.



The sentiment is also from this new stamp set.

Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Wild & Free, Musings
Ink: SU, baked brown sugar, soft suede
Pens: Copic, E49, E51, E53, E55, E57, E59

My final card today started with a bit of ink smooshing onto water colour card. I was aiming for a moody serene early evening look. The hare was stamped onto a left over piece and I used a home made circle stencil to add the moon.


Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Wild & Free
Ink: Ranger distress, black soot, scattered straw
Card: Papermill Direct, gold sandgrain

Are you feeling the love for this beautiful hare? It is very distinctive and special.

There's only one day of introductions left now and tomorrow sees the reveal of that paper pad I've been using all week as well as matching washi and a fun stamp set that is one of those go to essentials.

Thanks for looking today, hope to see you come back tomorrow.

Stay safe and keep crafting!
 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards, Jane! Your mirror stamping looks amazing. I'm always surprised that stamp set makers don't make more mirror image stamps as they look so effective. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.