Saturday 29 April 2017

Less Is More Guest Designer

Hi! I'm so excited to have you drop by today as I'm Guest Designing over at Less Is More. As this is a month with five Saturdays it's their Lucky Dip week and the word they've pulled out to inspire your cards is SHADOW.

Inline images 1

So I decided to attempt a little shadow stamping on my card:


I used the fabulous Visible Image butterfly inkcognito and stamped it in grey to act as the shadow. Then I overstamped it in purple slightly to the left of the grey with the matching large butterfly stamp.


I repeated this technique with the sentiment. All of the butterfly received a generous coat of Wink of Stella and I added some enamel dots to finish it all off.

Supplies:
Stamps: Visible Image, Thanks You set, Butterfly Inkognito, Large Butterfly
Inks: SU, smoky slate; Memento, grape jelly 
Enamel dots: Freckled Fawn

Thanks so much for your time today.  I hope you've enjoyed my post as Guest Designer for Less is More and will pop on over to their challenge to ogle the cards made by their very talented DT.

And keep crafting! 

post signature

12 comments:

  1. Stylishly elegant card ... simply fabulous! Congrats on you guest design slot.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a superb card! The butterfly is so elegant and looking really luxurious in that intense purple. I love the depth achieved with the shadow stamping... a very stylish and classy card! Thanks for being an awesome guest designer for our challenge at Less is More :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I LOVE that butterfly image and works so perfectly for this challenge. Looks exotic and fabulous in purple and thanks for being our superb guest designer for this week. Hope you have lots of visits. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous example of shadow stamping, Jane! I love the colour combo and the movement in that gorgeous butterfly image. It is so great to have you as our GD this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jane. Love the colours and design. This technique was what came to mind when I saw this theme. Congrats on GD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card...thanks for guesting for us at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great images to showcase your shadow stamping, the purple was a great choice with the grey shadow stamping. So great to have you guesting with us this week, Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous Jane ! I love the combo silver/purple and it works so beautifully to make this shadow technique ! Love the splatters too ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card CAS perfection xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your card. The way you have stamped the butterfly is really eye catching. Congrats on being GD too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Jane! The placement is perfect, your stamping is crisp and, oh my, what a wonderful image that one is!!! Ha Ha, my purse is quivering as I type this ;-) Think I really need that stamp set. You completely rocked the shadow challenge! Thank you so much for being a fantastic guest designer. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.