Monday 10 April 2017

The Memory Nest - Make It Monday #86

Another amazing sketch challenge begins today at The Memory Nest and this one has tons of possibilities.

http://thememorynest.blogspot.com/2017/03/make-it-monday-no-86.html

This photo of my grandson really caught my eye and I knew it would be scrapped and what better way than with a sketch featuring stars. After all he is my little star!


As you can see I rotated the sketch around so that the stripes were at the bottom and i used a whole load of Stampin' Up papers in these cool greens amd orangey reds. It's always really easy to mix and match papers when they're from the same collections or colour pallettes, saves waiting for daylight to see the real tones.


I added quite a bit of blue stamping to the layout, both words and splats, to bring in the colour of his tee shirt in the photo. I also found a bottle top lurking in my stash to use in place of the flair button from the sketch.


A little bit of journalling and a ready made thickers alpha title and I called it done.

Supplies:
Papers: SU, Birthday Bouquet & Blooms & Bliss
Stamps: Uniko, Explosion Additions
Ink: Ranger distress, blueprint sketch
Alphas: AC, foam phrase stickers
Stickers: October Afternoon, Sidewalks

You're going to have so much fun using this sketch either for a scrapbook page or a card and I'm really looking forward to visiting your blogs and leaving some love. Don't forget there is a host of inspiration waiting for you from The Memory Nest's awesome DT - here - go check it out!

Huge thanks for your time today, I'm so pleased you dropped by my blog.  And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeee this! LOVING that photo, the colors and the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! I love the "serene" feeling it brings w/ that "quiet" moment photo and the soft colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the blues.... adore how you've turned the sketch. I think it works better that way....bottle caps...I HAVE some somewhere....must dig 'em out and USE 'EM UP!!! Looks fabulous. Stars and boys just go sooo well together, eh??!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page and gorgeous picture!! LOVE how you used the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.