Tuesday 11 April 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #218

A new challenge begins today at CAS Colours & Sketches and this week it's a super sketch designed by Bev of Uniko, our hostess for April.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2017/04/challenge-218-sketch.html

And that narrow vertical stripe screamed washi to me - yep any excuse to get some of my huge stash onto a card is always welcome!


I love cards where the words take centre stage and this quote is one I keep in mind whenever things get hectic and overwhelming. I chose a sunny bright kaleidacolor pad to ink it up.


The little square from the sketch is represented by the blue butterfly - mega sparkled up with wink of stella and I couldn't resist adding a trio of bright sparkly sequins to finish everything off but still keep it CAS.

Supplies:
Stamps: Visible Image, Keep Going
Inks: Kaleidacolor, Riviera
Die: MFT Die-namics, double stitched rectangle stax
Punch: Martha Stewart, butterfly
Embellishments: Washi from my stash; Wink of Stella, clear

Have you already seen the rest of the CC&S DT cards? Bet you were impressed! Here's the link if you've still got that to look forward to - CC&S.

Thank you so much for dropping by my blog today, it's been fabulous having you visit.  And keep crafting!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Jane your card is gorgeous and one of my favourites this week - I love a statement sentiment and your graduated ink treatment adds real interest. Great use of the gingham washi tape too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card and the sentiment is very poignant to me right now ;) Love the ombre colours too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, just love the colours you used. The little butterfly is a cute addition instead of the square. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the bright ombre sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really LOVE how you used the ombre colors on this sentiment and made it center stage. I am so BAD at doing this but want to try. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the graduated colours. They are so bright, bold and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you used on this card, so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.