Tuesday 4 April 2017

Happy Little Stampers - April Christmas Challenge

This is so weird doing a second post for today, but knowing it's already tomorrow in Australia where Happy Little Stampers is based. Always, always makes me stop in my tracks!

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/

I used two types of embossing for my card, see if you can work it out.


I started by creating the background colours for the trees and then stamped and heat embossed the outlines and patterns with a pretty purple sparkly embossing powder - ha! I hear you say, purple + sparkle!


The snowflakes were embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and I die cut a panel to give the impression of a slope. After stamping the sentiment I brushed over lightly with blue ink on top of the snowflakes and green ink for the slope.

Supplies:
Stamps: HLS, Christmas Joy
Inks: Ranger distress, cracked pistachio, blueprint sketch; Versamark, clear
Die: MFT Die-namics, stitched basic edges
Embossing: Honey Doo Crafts, amethyst; Cuttlebug, snowflakes folder

How will you play along? Will you twist? Or will you just go with the Christmas theme? Before you make up your mind there's loads of DT ideas to help your decision - here. Do go check them all out!

Thanks for your time today, it's always fun to have you visit.  And keep crafting!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Great card, Jane! The snowflakes look very pretty and I love the font of the sentiment. Cute little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crumbs! I didn't even realise Happy Little Stampers is Aussie!! LOVE the way you've gotten the 'slope' going on this one. And such pretty, subtle colours:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card arrangement. I love beautiful trees, I also like delicate green smudges in the snow.Card is amazing.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card Jane. I love all the sparkle and the embossed snowflakes make a fabulous background.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hint of blue on the embossed snowflakes Jane, the non-traditional colors you used on your sparkly trees and the way you placed them. The green shadowing looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those sparkly Christmas trees, and the embossed background looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.