Sunday 27 September 2015

AAA Cards #49 - Word Play

A theme that is very much a favourite of mine is the new challenge at AAA Cards this fortnight. We want you to play with words. I love cards where the words take centre stage.

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2015/09/game-49-word-play.html

And I absolutely adore the meaning behind this quote - it's something I try very hard to remember. I'm guessing online shopping is not really in the true spirit of this quote either!


I wonder what the little bit more means to you. For me it has to be family getting together and the sparkling eyes of my grandchildren every time!


I stamped the horizontal grungy lines several times before overstamping with the quote and little holly leaves. I just added a bit of a statement with the red mat,  I think it lifts the colours and draws the eye to the main image.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU, Gorgeous Grunge; Kaisercraft, Christmas Feeling; Uniko, Background Builders Vines Winter Additions
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black, cottage ivy; SU, cherry cobbler
Die: Lawn Fawn, large stitched square stackables

Have you seen the amazing cards made by the AAA Cards DT? Well hop on over and check them out!

Thanks for looking at my blog today. I hope you've been inspired. And keep crafting!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Jane this is a joy, the words are fab and I adore that background x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much Jane. Love the grunge lines, and you are right about that mat. It was the perfect addition to this fabulous card. There's so much more that comes with Christmas. Sparkling eyes, beautiful music, magical lights, beautiful acts of kindness... love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quote too - and totally perfect for a handmade card too :) Those grungy lines are awesome and the perfect backdrop for the quote! Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Simply FABULOUS Jane!
    Crisp, classy and awesome card! What a great stamp to have in your stash.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I repeat what Sarah says - totally classy!! That red mat behind the sentiment really pops the card. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I repeat what Sarah says - totally classy!! That red mat behind the sentiment really pops the card. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and something very different for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.