Wednesday 16 September 2015

The Male Room #19

A new challenge starts today at The Male Room and I can guarentee this one will get you being inventive!

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/09/challenge-19-colours.html

I immediately reached for my highlighter pens, just about the only thing in my stash that could be called neon.


I knew this was going to be a bold card and decided early on that I wanted a sentiment to be the focal point showcased against the bright highlighter colours. So I started my card with bold stripes in three colours.


As you can see I coloured the candles with the highlighters too - with only partial success I'm thinking. And overall the colours are much more vibrant in real life.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Big & Bold Wish
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Highlighters: Stabilo Boss
Die: Lil'inker, stitched mats rectangles

I expect like me you're keen to see what the rest of the DT have created, so go check it out - here.

Thanks for your time today. And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. A bright a punchy card with that bold sentiment and the neon colours. Clever idea to use your highlighters and I can never get my photo colours to look like my actual cards....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Bold, bright and vibrant - great take on the neon challenge. I do like the bold sentiment too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just spotted this little beauty too Jane, wonderfully striking neon colours and another fantastic showcase of an older Uniko set. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so clever, to think of using highlighter! They make a great card with the bold statement
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.