Thursday 15 September 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #191

A new colour challenge starts today at CAS Colours & Sketches and it's another fab trio selected by Karen.



Here's how I put them together:


I started by stamping the block of script and the sentiment.  I then stamped the butterfly onto a piece of scrap card and some vellum. I hand cut them both and adhered them on top of the script.


I thought about adding some enamel dots, but in the end decided not to muddy the colours with a near match and left my card very simple.

Supplies:
Stamps: HLS, Butterfly Birthday, Thinking Of You
Inks: SU, bermuda bay, delightful dijon, cucmber crush

The rest of the CC&S DT have been busy making cards to help kickstart your creativity, go see them here.

Thanks for spending some time looking at my blog today, you're so welcome here.  And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderfully CAS Jane - I love the extra vellum layer on the butterfly, great idea. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection and loving the elements clustered to the lower part of the card. Your layered vellum butterfly is so delicate. Beautiful use of the colours. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layered butterfly is fabulous! Super job with the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - love how the text anchors the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.