Thursday 1 September 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #189

Here we go with a whole new month of fun for you at CAS Colours & Sketches. Karen is our hostess for September and she's kicking off with a vibrant bright trio of colours. Just gorgeous!

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2016/09/challenge-189-colours.html

And didn't I have fun making this card.


I started by smooshing on the yellow and red ink down the right hand side of some watercolour card. Then once it was dry I stamped the image and quote in Memento teal zeal - the closest match I have for the SU island indigo.


I'm totally smitten by this Visible Image stamp set, just seems so wild and free and so how I'd like to be!

Supplies:
Stamps: Visible Image, tomorrow doesn't exist 
Inks: SU, real red, daffodil delight,; Memento, teal zeal

So how will you use the CC&S colours? The rest of the DT have been busy creating with them to inspire you, so do go take a look - here. And this month we welcome Maria as our Guest Designer, check out her blog - here.

So pleased you dropped by today, thanks for your time.  And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Jane - I love the effect you got with the colour smooshing, it's absolutely stunning. And the sentiment is brilliant and something we should all live by. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layered inking! Amazing job with the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jane - what a fabulous card! I love the way you've used the colours and how you 'smooshed' the colour. Your choice of image is gorgeous too! So dramatic and wonderful, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the indigo image looked like part of the smooshed ink at first, and I realized it's a silhouette of a person jumping! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.