Thursday 2 August 2018

Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Die Cuts

Hey! And welcome to my blog. Today I'm sharing my DT card for The Happy Little Stampers new CAS Challenge.


Have you got dies? Mmm, well yes I may have got a few myself - my husband would say a few too many if he knew what a die was! So one card didn't seem enough for this challenge and I made two.


This one is winging its way in the post to a great nephew even as this post goes live.  It uses a negative die of the WOW and a layered up die for the birthday. And of course my favourite and most used set of dies - the double stitched rectangles.


My second card uses exactly the same layout but with a different focal die and a change in the colour of paper. This is my favourite of the two and the one displayed on the HLS blog page.


The bird die was a gift and the sentiment stamp is from HLS. I love how the diamond pattern on the paper looks through the die cut birds.


Supplies:
Stamps: HLS, Mix Mash, Bold birthday (retired)
Inks: SU, night of navy, bermuda bay
Dies: MFT Die-namics, double stitched rectangles, WOW; Lawn Fawn, HB banner; Birds - a gift
Papers: Lawn Fawn, Beachside

Time for you to pop on over to The Happy Little Stampers challenge blog to check out all the other DT CAS cards. Here's the HLS definition of CAS in case you're wondering:


Think I may have cracked it then!

Thanks for your time today, it's always so much more fun to blog when I get visitors.

And keep crafting!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Two crisp beauties, Jane ... the first is bold, fun and masculine ... and I love the fresh elegance of the second, those birds on a branch are fabulous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have cracked it Jane, two fab cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous twofer ..... love the bold look to the first one, and the little birds on the second are so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards - love the negative bird space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome use of die cuts on these cards, Jane! I love both designs and both wonderfully CAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the negative die. It looks so surprising and at the same time so beautiful.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.