Sunday 31 July 2016

AAA Cards - Game #70 Stitching

Today sees the beginning of a new game at AAA Cards and we'd like to see some stitching on your cards. Now this can be real thread hand or machine stitching or the die cut type or the hand drawn or stamped faux stitching or any other kind of stitching that I've forgotten about.


http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2016/07/game-70-stitching.html

I decided to go for some machine stitching to attach a vellum circle onto my card and used stamps from Uniko our wonderful sponsor for this game.


But I'm getting ahead of myself as the stitching was actually the last thing that happened on my card. I stamped the flowers and  BIRTHDAY sentiment onto the card base first, then stamped and heat embossed the HAPPY onto a piece of vellum. The vellum was die cut into a stitched sircle shape and then attached with the stitching.


Stitching is a great way to attach vellum as it's meant to show and I've yet to find a glue that really doesn't show through vellum at all.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, All Occasion Sentiments #2, Flower Power #4
Inks: Ranger distress, picked raspberry, mustard seed; Memento, tuxedo black; Versamark
Embossing: Crafty Impressions, black rainbow sparkle
Die: MFT Die-namics, double stitched circle stax

Ther are lots of inspiring ways to add stitching to your card over at AAA Cards and, as well as the talented Eunji joining us as Guest Designer, our sponsor Bev from Uniko is also playing along. Go check them all out!

Huge thanks for visiting my blog today, I'm always thrilled that people take the time. And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Vibrant, CAS-tastic, Stitch perfect and a super stunning card Jane.
    I'm back ... MIA for a couple of weeks so delay in comments but thrilled to pop across for a closer look at this one. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fantastic. I've never tried stitching on a card, and I certainly never though of it as a way to attach a vellum piece. What a great tip! I love the orange and black contrast. Love the embossing on the vellum. Awesome design and the black stitching sets the whole thing off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you were able to add real stitching to your card. I tried but it was unsuccessful. I love how the stitching to adhere the vellum to your card. Lovely card! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.