Monday 25 July 2016

Monday Moments

Well it's taken me a while to get my head round the CASEplorations challenge using the fabulously stunning card from Elina Stromberg.

http://stamplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/caseplorations-july.html

So many ways to go with this one, but wanting to stay at least a little within my CAS style and not often working with oranges it was sometime in the thinking and planning stages. But here's waht I've come up with:


I loved all the inking and and stamping on the inspiration card and did what I often do when I feel overwhelmed by a project - cut it down to a smaller size. I stamped and masked the two little cuties first and then had fun with inks, stamps and used a die as a mask to get the two paler large hearts.


I stamped the sentiment on top of all the inking and coloured the critters with promarkers, then die cut the label shape before matting it onto rectangles of peach and white card. Then the whole thing was placed onto peach card, positioning it to keep roughly the same proprtions as Elina's card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Best Friends; Uniko, hearts from Flowr Power #3
Inks: SU, peekaboo peach, calypso coral; Memento, tuxedo black
Die: Spellbinders, labels; Xcut, Homespun Hearts
Promarkers: coral, mustard, cool grey 3 & 4, raw sienna

Huge thanks for stopping by my blog today, great to have you visit.  And keep crafting!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I LOVE this!! Such a sweet image and the orange is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love how you've taken inspiration from Elina's card and totally made it your own. Those hearts... Sweet. Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.