Thursday 14 July 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #182

Today sees the start of a sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches and it's my turn to be hostess.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2016/07/sketch-challenge-182.html

I designed this sketch way back in June as I wanted to make an earth view shaker card for my grandson's birthday. He's very into space and Star Wars, so I thought he might enjoy this little twist on a shaker card.


I die cut the stitched aperature and placed a photo of the earth from space behind it. I then added some star and luminescent sequins on top before sealing the shaker window.


I chose dark blue card to represent the darkness of space and added a simple white die cut sentiment below the shaker window.

Supplies:
Dies: MFT Die-namics, Peek-a-Boo Circle Window; Lawn Fawn, Happy Birthday Border
Image: Pixabay
Sequins: Lucy's Cards, star shine

You'll be pleased to know he had a fabulous birthday with a barbecue on the beach - toasting marshmallows was involved - and a fabulous sweet filled birthday cake.



I hope you'll join in and play along with my sketch. Check out the rest of the DT cards at CC&S and then be inspired and get your crafting hat on!

Thanks for looking today, I really appreciate your time. And keep crafting!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. What a cool card - love the earth photo shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Jane! I love your earth shaker card, what a brilliant, cool idea. I really liked the ketch, great challenge. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and am impressed - it's not easy to make a shaker card CAS! Looks like your grandson had a great birthday, the cake looks really fun. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a FABulous sketch and LOVE how you used it, awesome card and I am sure your grandson loved it. That CAKE - WOW! Such a yummy idea. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this inspiration! Loved this simple sketch and your fabulous idea of shaker card!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.