Wednesday 20 July 2016

The Male Room - #40 Colours

Today The Male Room has a new challenge for you and it's all about choosing colours.

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2016/07/challenge-40-colours.html

Sounds really easy, yes? So off I went and made a card with two blue elephants and one red elephant walking along some washi tape. Challenge achieved! Or was it?


I started to wonder. Is the black washi a neutral? Well yes. Are the two shades of blue different colours? Well no. So the plus one more colour wasn't there.


The addition of two yellow enamel dots soon sorted that one out. But it seems this card is one for questioning. Should I have only used the dot on the elephant's ear? Should I have added a third dot somewhere - I like things in threes? Or do I just overthink things? Probably!!!! Definitely!!!! Anyway I left things alone, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Petite Baby shower & sentiment from Pretty Petals Plus
Inks: SU, marina mist, night of navy, real red; Memento , tuxedo black
Washi from my stash

Go see how my fellow team mates have chosen and used this colour theme, no doubt without any angst, over at The Male Room. Then you go for it yourself and see what you come up with.

Thanks for looking today and maybe smiling at my ponderings.  And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Jane. Love the darling elephants in different colors (and patterns). CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and patterns! Love the addition of the candy dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The splash of yellow is GREAT, would I have put 3? I think the same as you, but do what I want in the end as you have, be happy it's a GREAT card. Lecture over LOL
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I thought the same it was quite hard incorporating the third colour, especially like yourself I had used some neutrals....Love the yellow dot and love the two of them and they work so well because of the different sizes and it draws your eye from the sentiment up to the special elephant. Although I don't think you should have favourites lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.