Friday 15 July 2016

Uniko - Challenge #34

Today sees the beginning of the new challenge at Uniko and it's such a classic theme this month you're all going to want to play - FLOWERS.

 

And here's my card:


I started by creating a watercoloured background with a small white border. Super easy to do this by using masking tape to hold the card down and it has the added bonus of stopping the card from curling too.


Once dry I stamped the hisbiscus flower repeatedly round the bottom corner using the masking technique to get depth. I then coloured just the pointy bit of the flowers - sure it must have a proper name! Finally I added the sentiments and some sequins.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Paradise
Inks: Ranger distress, mustard seed, picked raspberry, wilted violet; Memento, grape jelly
Promarkers: tulip yellow, pink carnation
Sequins from my stash

I know this is going to be a massive turn out challenge and I'm really looking forward to seeing all the flowers blooming in the gallery. Go check out the cards designed by my Uniko teamies and our lovely Guest Designer Carol from Just Me:C, then get picking your flowers.

So thrilled to have you drop by today, your time is much appreciated.  And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Oozing a wonderful array of gorgeous colour blending and merging Jane yet showcasing those blooms brilliantly. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh you have had fun with this one! Love the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Really like the taped border idea too. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.