Monday 4 July 2016

The Memory Nest - Make It Monday Challenge #63

Hello and welcome to my blog.  Today I'm sharing my DT page for The Memory Nest's Make It Monday Challenge.

http://thememorynest.blogspot.com/2016/06/make-it-monday-no-63.html

Loving all those arrows on this sketch! So I started by adding some embossed arrows onto the background paper, then cut out all the arrows and placed them with the photos.


Having got my framework I then added a few word stickers, my journalling and some stars onto the page and stuck it all down.


The title came next and then finally the two borders down the left hand side - just felt it needed a little something to balance it all out nicely. And the road track and numbers seemed appropriate both for the bicycle and homemade TT bike.


Supplies:
Paper: ep, Times & Seasons Fancy Free
Alphas: Ali Edwards
Stickers: Simple Stories, Say Cheese & So Rad
Die: Technique Tuesday, That Arrow Card
Stencil: TCW, Mini Word Arrows
Embossing paste: Dreamweaver, white

And just in case you're wondering the TT motobike races are held on the Isle of Man every June and the whole island sort of shuts down and becomes totally obsessed with speed - and so do my older two grandsons who live there! Here's some pics from my archives:




Thanks for dropping by my blog today. I hope you've been inspired to play along at The Memory Nest - remember you can use the sketch for a card and for this month there is a prize to be won every week too.

And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Cute photo of your darling grandsons! Your take on this sketch is wonderful! Great photos and variety of arrows. I love all the different textures on them! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page, Jane!! Love all the different and fun arrows!! Fabulous take on the sketch!!! Love the products you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job making all those arrows in the sketch work w/ your layout! Love the numbers up the side!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.