Friday 20 October 2017

Friday Focus

I'm sharing a scrapbook page today and I've use the mood board from Challenge YOUrself to get my ideas sparking.

http://scrap-challenge-yourself.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/challenge-yourself-46-fall-mood-board.html

As you can see this was a very autumnal mood board, but my photo was taken while on holiday in the Algarve. It was Autumn there, but it felt more like a hot summer's day! I decided to go ahead and use this photo anyway, partly because the colour of the wall seemed to match, but mostly becuase I like the story that goes with it.


The story: two parts really. The first is that glazed eye look that always give away a selfie - well it does mine anyway! The second is a bit of a family joke that my husband struggles to frame photos and after several attempts to cach this shot we decided to go it alone.


I started the page by placing the photo and papers and faintly marked the space so that I could add the stencilled ink patterns to frame it all. Then I stamped and hand cut the flower and leaf embellishments and added some trios of nuvo drops.


The title  and journalling were the last parts to be completed.

Supplies:
Papers: AC, kraft cardstock; SU, patterned paper
Stamps: Uniko, Nature's Treasures II & Uniko Style
Inks: SU, peekaboo peach, calypso coral, cherry cobbler, mint macaron
Stencils: Memory Box, texture shine & texture meash
Alphas: AC, Dear Lizzy thickers; October Afternoon, mini market 
Embellishments: Nuvo Drops, English mustard 

Thanks so much for spending some time looking at my blog today, I really appreciate it.  And keep crafting! 

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jane! I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous page and fun photo. And I also love the story behind it! (My husband always has trouble taking a photo, too. He once almost totally cut me out of one! LOL!) Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, your background work is amazing,as is your title and journalling. Lovely colour choices. Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stamping and stenciling! Great colors on this layout and a great memory capture too! Thanks for joining us over at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout, great stamping! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing page Jane, in CAS style! Love your bg work! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.