Wednesday 4 October 2017

Happy Little Stampers - October Christmas Challenge

Well it's getting ever more closer to Christmas now we're into October. So time to really get cracking on with those Christmas cards and get a few more in your stash!

This month's Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge has a really on trend twist - SILHOUETTE.

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/

Here's my card:


And don't I love it when I can get my favourite purples out and onto a card! These ones were used as a backgound by masking off the card to leave just a circle showing to apply the colours. Then the images were stamped on top using the misti tool to get a good deep coverage of ink.


A few extra little stars stamped outside the circle and the addition of some iridescent stones plus a sentiment and I was done.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Set The Scene
Inks: Ranger Distress, wilted violet, blueprint sketch; Memento, tuxedo black
Embellishments: Papermania, iridescent stones

I've been seeing loads of cards with silhouettes around blogland recently so there's plenty of extra inspiration out there. And then of course there's the essential viewing of the brilliant inspiration from my HLS team mates - HERE.

Thanks for looking today, I really appreciate your visit to my blog.  And get Christmas crafting!

post signature

9 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful night skyline with Santa flying over it! I've made a few Christmas cards but probably not enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS creation, Jane! I love those tiny snowflakes around your main circle -they add a lot of interest and fun movement to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful silhouette you created here Jane. Love the colours of the sky. A fabulous cas card with the bling you have to have and those cute little stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous cas design Jane and I love your beautifully blended sky.I hope Santa stops off at your house on his journey.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that wonderful purple sky Jane!!! And I can almost hear the sleigh bells as Santa flies over the city. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is awesome, Jane. I love the excellent CAS of your card. I also love the strong contrast between the white base and the blue-violet image. You were so good at coloring and mixed up. The sky you made is really beautiful. I think one of us would like to see this picture :-)
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely - all purplified and gorgeous, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Festive & fun--perfect CAS card!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.