Thursday 26 October 2017

Thursday Thoughts

Today I'm sharing a card I made for the CUTplorations October Challenge - cutting it a bit fine, but I've got there!


 

It was the colour graduation that really caught my eye and that's how I decided to go forward with my card.


So no house image on my card even though that was my first thought. Nope I went instead with a garden of flowers stamped and coloured to echo the colours from the inspiration image.


My main die cut element is the word 'gorgeous' which is cut several times to give it dimension and a little shadow effect. The colours were achieved by simply drawing lines with the fat end of my copic pens before using the die.

I also die cut a couple of lines of stitching to pick up on the stitched greeting from the inspiration photo.

Supplies:
Stamps: Stamplorations, Blossom Sprays #2, Bold Sentiments Gorgeous
Inks: Mememnto, rich cocoa
Pens: copic, G24, G28, Y13, Y18, V12, V17, R22, R29
Die: CUTplorations, Gorgeous; Paper Smooches, Stitched 

Huge thanks for your visit to my blog today, I really appreciate you taking the time.  And keep crafting!



post signature





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful interpretation of the challenge. 'Gorgeous' Colours and colouring and such a striking card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yes Jane, it is simply gorgeous! I love how you interpreted our photo at CUTplorations this month. Thanks so much for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful CAS card. Love that colorful flower and sentiment.
    Thank you so much for playing along with CUTplorations October Challenge.
    Hope to see you again at CUTplorations November Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.