Sunday 25 February 2018

Uniko February Release - Introducing Seeing Stars Stencil & Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum Stencil

Today's Uniko new release introduction is to two new stencils and I'm gate crashing the Stencil DT's gig and joining in with some sample cards to share.
 

My first card uses the Pure Florals Chrysanthemum stencil in a way that has nothing to do with flowers. This came about as a bit of an accident as I was trying out a colour with the stencil on a scrap of paper and I had a light bulb moment.


I used circle masks under the stencil and inked up in two shades of purple. I added a sentiment strip and heat embossed the greeting from Birthday Sentiments in white.


Supplies:
Stencil: Uniko, Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum
Stamps: Uniko, Birthday Sentiments
Ink: Ranger distress, chipped sapphire & dusty concord; Versafine clear + WOW! Sparkling Snow embossing powder 

My next card uses the Seeing Stars stencil which co-ordinates nicely with two Uniko stamp sets - Background Builders Seeing Stars & Reach For The Stars. I inked the stars in the same two distress colours as my first card and then overstamped them in the same colours.



A genrous helping of Wink of Stella added a bit of glitz and shimmer to the stars.




Supplies:
Stencil: Uniko, Seeing Stars
Stamps: Uniko, Background Builders Seeing Stars & Reach For The Stars
Inks: Ranger distress, chipped sapphire, dusty concord
Die: MFT Die-nmics, stitched basic edges
Wink of Stella, clear

Keeping with the purple shades my final card also uses the Seeing Stars stencil.
  

This time I used distress oxide inks and added in a little clash with some green. I die cut the starry panel and added a greeting from Birthday Sentiments.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Birthday Sentiments
Stencil: uniko, Seeing Stars
Inks: Ranger distress oxide, twisted citron, wilted violet; Memento, tuxedo black; Versafine clear + WOW sparkling snow embossing powder
Dies: Lil'inker, stitched mats long & skinny rectangles; Lawn fawn, Large stitched circle stackables

How is your wish list going? Well I can only warn you it's going to get even longer tomorrow! So be sure to come back and take a peek at the next introduction which has a bit of a musical theme.

Thanks for your time today, it's been great having your company.

And keep crafting!
 
post signature

14 comments:

  1. Love your twist with the first card, I do like a lightbulb moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you've used the circles to create a spotlight on different parts of the chrysanthemum! And those stars are just fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I see those three cards and the other ones of introduction days, I think that you have had more than one lightbulb moment ! ;-)
    All these purple beauties are just fabulous and I especially love your "lightbulb" first card, it is such a fun way to showcase this gorgeous stencil ! Have a great Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulus are these. Love your design with the circles and Chrysanthemum on the first and the super star stencilling on the others xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous showcase ... I love how you've used the chrysanthemum stencil, so different xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever your transformation of the chrysanthemum stencil into party lights! Fabulous! Your stars cards...oh my! Six stars out of five for your amazing techniques and designs!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what innovative use of these stencils producing totally unusual and different cards....and lovely colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool to mask and only use a portion of that gorgeous mum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect trio Jane. I love the neat trick with the Chrysanthemum where you've masked random circles of the image and I'm swooning at the use of not just the star stencil but the coordinating stamp set too. Beautiful colour combos and a brilliant showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards using these stencils. I like the circle design on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the stars and the Chrysanthemum stencils... awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty - love the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your use of your favourite colour Purple & paired with Uniko Stencils and stamps is so inspiring. Your creativity with the Pure Florals Chrysanthemum stencil is genius and fun! A wonderful showcase of these new products, thank you & Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rocking your purples Jane! I do like the partial use of the stencil with your circles - shows just how versatile the stencil is! X

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.