Tuesday 27 February 2018

Uniko February Release - Introducing Kindness Blooms & Fun Flowers Stencil

Today sees the last introduction to Uniko's February release and I'm delighted to share some cards with you.



 

I've concentrated today on the Kindness Blooms stamp set and have left the stencil to the experts on the Uniko stencil team.  Here's my first card:


It's been a while since I've done any paper piecing so I decided it was time to get out some of those numerous scraps of paper and card I hoard and whizz up this fun card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Kindness Blooms
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Papers: scraps from my stash
Embellishments: Bling Bling black gems


My next card uses the same sort of colours, but this time I stamped straight onto the base card and then added a hint of colours to some of the petals.


The little dots and flower middles are from the same stamps set and I used them to give some movement across the card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Kindness Blooms
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black; SU, powder pink, berry burst
Pens: Copic, R32, R35 

My last card is a complete change of gear and colours. I prepared a watercoloured background using distress inks and then stamped the flowers on top with the same blue ink.


I then applied watered down bleach to some of the petal segments - gives a fabulous effect, but it's quite noxious and not a technique I'd want to use that often.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Kindness Blooms & Birthday Sentiments
Inks: Ranger distress, mermaid lagoon, cracked pistachio; Versamark clear + Ranger superfine white embossing powder
Die: MFT Die-namics, basic stitched edges

Now off you go and take a look at what the rest of the Uniko DT have to share with you today.  All the links are HERE. And I expect by now that you're getting an idea of what you'd like to see in your shopping basket tomorrow - soon be time! I hope you've been playing along with all Bev's 6th birthday and release fun ways to win and tomorrow they'll be prizes too!

Thanks for visiting today and I'll see you in the morning. Going to be busy!

And keep crafting!

post signature

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful selection of cards you've made with this fabulous stamp set, especially love the first with the paper piecing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems to be a stamp set with many uses beautifully showcased by you. I like the paper piecing ides and also your last card with the bleaching effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab trio of cards Jane. Must admit the 'expert' was somewhat lacking in inspiration this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super trio of cards. I do like the different ways to use this stamp - the paper pieced flowers are such fun. And I do like the bleach technique - gives a super soft look. My favourite is the CAS pink one - so you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paper-pieced, partially coloured or bleached...you've certainly shared three marvelous ways to use this delightfully whimsical set! Pretty, all!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another ingenious trio of yumminess from you this week Jane, love each of these examples with the kindness blooms. Super cheery and fun in each of the colour-ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards. I like the colors and the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun cards! Love the paper pieced flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look fab.... and each one so different. Love the paper piecing but my favourite has to be the bleached one. Great colours and a fab technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three wonderful cards with great techniques for this gorgeous stamp set ! You succeeded to showcase the versatility of this stamp, it is beautiful whatever colours, design and technique you use ! Fabulous showcase, Jane ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely cards - love the flowers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be still my beating heart! Your showcase of this, my new favourite clear stamp set is stunning. So many great techniques to try and do again, I am so inspired. You ROCK! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love the paper pieced flowers! Love the 'Venn diagram' take on the stamp set too! X

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.