Sunday 28 August 2016

AAA Cards - #72 New To You Technique

The next fortnight at AAA Cards we'd like you all to step out of your comfort zones and try a new-to-you technique. And still keep it CAS. Scary or what!


http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2016/08/game-72-new-to-you-technique.html

So I decided to try a technique I never got round to when I took the Online Card Class -  Stretch Your Dies. The lesson title was 'Die-cut within a larger die-cut', but I've used butterfly punches instead of dies and placed them fairly close together on a piece of card before die cutting the stitched circle. Neat effect with bits of the butterflies missing where the circle has been cut.


The background card for the circle and the punched butterflies was created using shaving foam  - another very new to me technique, so I'm feeling I've really challenged myself with this card!


The butterfly punched inner circle has been raised onto pads, but the die cut thanks is adhered flat to it.

Supplies:
Dies: MFT Die-namics, inside/our circles; Lawn Fawn, scripty thanks
Inks: Ranger distess re-inkers, mustard seed, picked raspberry
Punches: Martha Stewart, SU, Tonic 

I've been looking forward to this challenge for ages, it's going to be so interesting seeing what my fellow team mates come up with and I just know I'm going to be learning lots of new and exciting techniques. Go check them all out at AAA Cards!

Great to have you stop by today, hope I've inspired you to try something new. And keep crafting!

post signature

9 comments:

  1. This was a fantastic challenge (we should do it again next year !) really did force a stepping out of the comfort zone in a fun way . Your card is beautiful Jane - can I just say that the shaving foam technique and the colours you chose worked out amazing - I might just have a go at this now (always was a little daunted before) is it messy?? I love the butterflies and yey for OCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what that background was, it looks amazing. And the punches worked out so well...you did go for the new technique with style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The card is just fantastic! what a gorgeous background you created with shaving foam well that's new to me too , need to try! :) Love your card Jane! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Jane, vibrant fun and so clever. Think you might have to do a tutorial on the shaving foam technique as that's one I haven't come across yet. A double whammy of techniques for you this time! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this challenge too Jane. I love the shaving cream technique - another one I need to try and you've inspired me. I love the colors you've used here. The butterfly punches are perfect. The sentiment stands out beautifully. Fantastic creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Jane! I love it! Can you share a good resource/video/tutorial for the shaving foam technique? I have not tried that before. I love your results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful marbling, Jane! Love these colors and how they work into the die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! I love the colours and the marble look of the background and butterflies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Jane. And you are a real hero trying out two new techniques. I always stay on a safe side, never try more than one for one card. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.