Tuesday 9 August 2016

Tuesday Talk

You know what they say about buses? Well that seems to have happened to me with photos that have to be scrapped. So I've decided to play along with The Memory Nest's Make It Monday Team 2 Sketch #66.

 http://thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/make-it-monday-no-66.html

Something very different from my usual style, much inspired by Shimelle's new online class The 20 Project and her totally bold use of patterned papers.


I love this Simple Stories paper with all the cameras, but thought it was destined to be cut into smaller pieces or consigned to the stroke pile. But even I had to admit it was just perfect for these photos and deserved to take pride of place.


I've picked up on Shimelle's use of trios of small embellishments and enamel dots. I was already a firm fan of her journalling is essential!


All the papers are from my dwindling hoard of last year's Simple Stories Summer Vibes collection. So love this combo of aquas and oranges.

Supplies:
Paper: Simple Stories, Summer Vibes
Alphas & Chipboard: Simple Stories, Summer Vibes
Enamel dots: SU, emerald envy

So good to be scrapping loads of pages at the moment - tends to go in phases with me. And so good to have you visit today, thanks so much.  

And keep crafting! 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Jane--that is so cute! You nailed that BG paper! (fellow DT!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bg pp you used! This is so fun! Way to step out of your comfort zone. I will have to check this out. A super take on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, this page is adorable. I LOVE the pictures and that background paper!! So fun!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.