Thursday 11 August 2016

Uniko - August Revisit Blog Hop

This month at Uniko Bev is revisiting Pure Florals Chrysanthemum and I'm here today to share a trio of cards I've made to showcase this very gorgeous stamp set.


For my first card I stamped and heat embossed the chrysanthemum in white and then brushed on some diagonals of colour. I then die cut stitched rectangles from it and also from white cardstock before inlaying them alternately. I sprinkled some water onto the outside section to soften the diagonals a little.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Pure Florals Chrysanthemum
Inks: SU, tempting turquoise, melon mambo; Versamark; Memento, tuxedo black
Embossing: Ranger superfine, white
Dies: MFT Die-namics, double stitched rectangles
Sequins from my stash

My next card uses my new prisma color pencils and I was thrilled with the deep vibrant colour that can be achieved with them. 


I drew three unevenly spaced lines on the left hand side to ground the flower.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Pure Florals Chrysanthemum & All Occasion Sentiments #1 
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black
Colours: Prisma color 

My last card was made for a niece's birthday and I chose colours that I knew she loves - ok I know they're sort of my colours too!


I dripped ink onto a baby wipe to get this random arrangement of colours and lucked out that the yellow and purple didn't mix into a muddy brown.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Pure Florals Chrysanthemum
Inks: Ranger distress re-inkers, mustard seed, worn lipstick, dusty concord' Memento, tuxedo black
Washi from my stash, think it's SU

Well, no doubt as you've probably already guessed, there will be a prize for a lucky person. So here's the bloghop order, just remember to leave a comment on each blog as you go and you could be the one!

Jane - that's me

Thanks for your time today and good luck! And remember to keep crafting!

post signature

14 comments:

  1. Ooh 3 very different cards for inspiration Jane. Fab! I love the soft stripes & inlaid dies - quite different and yes your Prismatic pencils are wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh 3 very different cards for inspiration Jane. Fab! I love the soft stripes & inlaid dies - quite different and yes your Prismatic pencils are wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beautiful ways to showcase this set! The last with the array of colors is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous trio Jane. I love the framing of the Chrysanth on the first card and the diagonal ink blending too. Such a soft and delicate colour combination. The layout of your second card is funky and the colours beautifully vibrant and I love the technique on your third card, one I've not done for a while. Thanks for the beautiful showcase and inspiration. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey what fabulous ideas with this Chrysanthemum set Jane, Love them all, the inky blending on the first one is just spectacular and like me looks like you can't resist flicking a little water on it too. Gorgeous vibrant colours on the second one and how brilliantly clever on the third one and so fortunate that you managed to keep the inks so imaculate without 'muddying' them. Super duper as always. Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and colorful! The first one shown is just brilliant - -my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 beauties, such lovely colours and so different x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Love the different color variations on this versatile Chrysanthemum set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderfull cards.
    I really like the one were you used a babywipe, it looks just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane the first card is so dreamy!! the second one is simply stunning with just one bright bloom, and love the multi-colored bloom on the third, 3 pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards, great use of the inlaid technique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning array of cards, Jane! This Chrysanthemum set remind me of those that bloomed in my grandmother's garden. Oh, what a green thumb she had; her flowers drew neighbours from all over town, coming by to gaze in wonder. Her Chrysanthemums, especially, were show-stoppers...and your showcases have captured their beauty completely! Thank you for sparking treasured memories (as well as a wish for a garden of my own)...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many gorgeous cards! This stamp set is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you created background for the first card, it looks so fresh! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.