Wednesday 24 August 2016

Wednesday Words

I'm sharing a scrapbook page today and decided to play along with The Memory Nest's Make It Monday Team 2's second August sketch.

http://thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/make-it-monday-no-68.html

I've just got back from a mini break to Suffolk and we were so lucky with the weather and spent a fabulous day at Southwold soaking up the atmosphere and sun. So it seemed the ideal sketch to use with that sun - although in the end I didn't actually use a sun on my page!


I love this photo of me in an iconic pose and knew it just had to be scrapped as soon as I saw it. I decided to use a theme from Shimelle's 20 Project for my colour choices - opposite sides of the colour wheel - which also picked up on the blues and sandy colours from the photo.


The background paper and some of the text papers are from a collection I bought for Christmas last year - just shows how versatile some papers can be.  The blues are scraps from my stash.


And the replacement for the sun was cut from one of the papers becasue it just seemed to sum up everything about the photo.

Supplies:
Papers: Kaisercraft, A Touch of Gold Collection' scraps from my stash
Stamp: Kaisercraft, Wood Panel
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Dies: Paper Smooches, Bam Bubble; MFT Die-namics, Ampersand
Punch: Woodware, inverted corner
Enamel dots: MME, now and then

Great to have you drop by my blog today, thanks for your time.  And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Jane! I love this layout! That little pop of blue with the gold and white is perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, such a beautiful layout and amazing picture!! Love the colors. Thanks for linking up!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.