Thursday 11 August 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #186

Time for another sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. This one, designed by Bev our hostess for this week, is something just a little bit different I'm thinking.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2016/08/sketch-challenge-186.html

I went with a pretty literal interpretation of that funky banner flash, it just reminded me of a winners's rosette so much that I felt drawn to add a circle to its middle. 


I stuck to a very simple colour palette so that the card didn't become too busy and loose its CAS quality - and I think I've succeeded in this. My favourite trio of trios was my final finishing touch.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Big & Bold Wish, Background Builders Round In Circles, sequins from A Gift For You
Inks: SU, crushed curry; Memento, tuxedo black
Die: Clearly Besotted, Journal It
Embellishments: Simple Stories Bloom & Grow, enamel dots

I was excited to see what the rest of the DT created using this sketch - you can check their cards out over at CC&S. You'll not be disappointed!

Thanks for your time today, your visit is much appreciated. And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love your modern retro feel you have achieved with the design, stamps and colours. Great use of the sketch and inspirational use of the Uniko clear stamp set too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunny yellow makes this a really cheery card, great for either a guy or a gal. Nicely done, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Jane! Love that sentiment, it's stunning. And I love your interpretation of the sketch - the rosette is perfect. Sorry to be so late posting. Caro x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.