Tuesday 12 January 2021

Funky Fossil January Release - Introducing Guitar Hero, Spring Geometrics Paper & Washi

Oh my if you've got teenagers, or like me aging rockers in your house, then today's introduction is going to be right up your street!



My first card combines one of the guitars with the bright and eye catching Spring Geometrics paper pad. The vibrancy of the paper colours seemed to demand the use of black card to make them pop even more and I also heat embossed the sentiment and guitar in white as another strong colour contrast.


Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Guitar Hero
Washi: Funky Fossil, Spring Geometrics
Inks: Versamark, clear + WOW! Sparkling Snow embossing powder
Die: Xcut, stars
Embellishment: Wink of Stella, clear

Sticking with this same feeling my next card also uses black to contrast with the paper colours. I stamped three of the guitars onto coloured card picked to match the Spring Geometrics paper and popped each one up on foam pads for added dimension. A

And I just adore this sentiment - perfect for those noisy rockers!


Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Guitar Hero
Paper: Funky Fossil, Spring Geometrics
Ink: Versafine Clair, nocturne
Die: T4TD, Stripes Cover Plate

Now I'm getting addicted to these colours against black and couldn't resist creating another card using them. I added in a strip of the matching washi tape too.


Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Guitar Hero
Paper: Funky Fossil, Spring Geometrics
Washi: Funky Fossil, Spring Geometrics
Ink: Versafine Clair, nocturne

And finally just to prove I could I broke away - well almost - from this look and created a softer colour scheme using the matching Rock Star stencil as the main focal point. The sentiment and smaller stars are from Guitar Hero.


Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Guitar Hero
Inks: Versafine Clair, nocturne; Ranger Distress Oxide, twisted citron, wilted violet, picked raspberry

So day 3 of introductions is complete, but there's still two more to come. Back to flowers again tomorrow and then something completely different on Thursday. I look forward to seeing you then.

Thanks for dropping by today. And stay safe and keep crafting!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I like the guitars with the bright papers and the black backgrounds Jane but I absolutely love those neon guitars on kraft! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.