Monday 25 January 2021

Monday Moment

Today I'm sharing a card I created with two challenges in mind - Christmas Kickstart and CAS Christmas. Never too early to start a Christmas card stash!

  

I decided to use mainly stencils for my card:


I started by inking the base of the Snow Globe with stormy sky distress oxide. Then I placed the main section of the snow globe and used three colours of distress oxide. I flicked over this with water to create a bit of a snowstorm.


Once the water had dried I inked through the smaller deer from the Steampunk Reindeer stencil using black ink - loving how dainty and different the deer is. I finished it all off with a stamped greeting and matted it onto a 6" square base card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Festive Phrases
Stencils: Funky Fossil, Steampunk Reindeer, Snow Globe
Inks: Ranger distress oxide, stormy sky, tumbled glass, shaded lilac, spun sugar; Versafine Clair, nocturne

Delighted to have you visit my blog today, thanks so much.

Stay safe and keep crafting!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. How lovely! Love how you've combined the stencils, Jane. Looks great! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a steam punk deer - how beautiful is this - a deer form of Pegasus! The 'snow' in your globe is beautiful - love the splatter and soft mix of colors! thanks for joining in my challenge at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool, I love your steam punk reindeer and the snow globe is a perfect frame. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours for your sky, Jane! And such a fun reindeer silhouette with the gears! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really fun steampunk look for this black silhouette reindeer and I love the way you have placed it within the snow globe and place a sentiment on the stand. A super card Jane. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely silhouette card with your unique deer. Your snow globe background is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that steampunkty deer. Gorgeous stencils and card. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.