Wednesday 3 August 2016

The Male Room #41 - Olympics/Sports

I'm wondering today how sporty you are? Are you a keen participant or a dedicated supporter or observer or a diehard never have anything to do with sport like me? Well whichever fits you the best we're hoping you'll get your energy levels up and create something sporty for your entry at The Male Room this fortnight.

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2016/08/challenge-41-theme.html

And for a dedicated sport hater - and isn't it irritating to see the television schedules so full of it - I've totally surprised myself and made a couple of cards to match this theme.


So first up is a golfing card. Had to be as my husband can sit for ever watching golf - and cricket and athletics and if I'm honest just about any sport - as well as having a dabble at it himself.  So this one's being squirrelled away until his birthday.



Supplies:
Stamps: Digi Stamp Boutique, Ralph Par-fect Day
Promarkers: coll grey, 1,4 & 5, blush, dusky pink, ivory, marsh green, cinnamon, sandstone
Paper: Docrafts, Mr Mister
Embellishmentrs: Washi from my stash

And then I got to thinking about the olympics and how I ought to pay homage to all the hard work the competitors put into it and I came up with this card.


I'm guessing they'd all like to stand out and be noticed! And this is so my kind of card and could be used for other occasions too - thinking maybe a future school sports day or sporting achievement of my grandsons.


Supplies:
Stamps: visible image, universal & teenage kicks
Inks: SU, tempting turquoise, real red, daffodil delight, ucumber crush; Memento, tuxedo black

How will you interpret this theme? Go and take a peek at the rest of The Male Room DT cards and then let the ideas and creativity flow. I'll be looking out for your projects.

So pleased to have you dop by my blog today, huge thanks.  And keep crafting!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful :-)) Fantastic job, Jane!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cas cards Jane. Love the golf guy, he's fab.
    Hugs
    Buffy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cards with great sentiments on the both of them. Thank you fro the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane - you rock! Both these card are just super. Love the pun on the golf card, but it's your homage to the Olympics that I think is stunning! Great work. Deborah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane- your "stand out" card is awesome! As usual you blow me away! I miss all you guys at the Male Room!! Sue T.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.