Wednesday 17 August 2016

The Male Room - #42 Use Shaving Foam

I have to say out of all my DT gigs The Male Room constantly challenges me to step outside of my comfort zone the most. And this fortnight's technique is so new to me - shaving foam!

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2016/08/challenge-42-technique.html

Who would have thought shaving foam could lead to such amazing results - and it smells really good too!


It took me a couple of tries to get the ratio of foam and ink to a mix that I was pleased with, but then there was no holding me back.  I chose these tropical forest colours as I wanted to use that Uniko toucan and thought they would make a good backdrop to showcase him against.


I tidied up the top edge of my shaving foam marbling with a strip of black washi, popped the toucan up on pads and added a split sentiment to complete my card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Paradise
Inks: Ranger distress re-inkers, peacock feathers & mowed lawn
Promarkers: burnt orange, cool grey 5, azure
Embellishments: Washi from my stash

This is such a fun technique you're so going to love having a try! Check here for the rest of The Male Room DT adventures with foam and then get your creative hat on and enjoy!

Thanks for dropping by my blog today, hope you found it fun.  And keep crafting!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Yes new technique for me too. What a fabulous job you've done with it and you've achieved the prettiest background. Loving the toucan and the sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I absolutely love this - the shades of green are the perfect background for the toucan. Great work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! Just brilliant, I love it!
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane I LOVE your card, the technique has worked beautifully and you chose your image so well. I LOVE the card.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your shaving foam really looks like leaves, it's fab!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.