Saturday 9 May 2020

Funky Fossil May Pre-Release Peeks - Bee Geometric

Hello and welcome to the final day of the Funky Fossil May pre-release peeks. Time to get your wish list sorted!


My first share is along the lines of an art journal page but on a card - a bit messy and mixed media inspired.


I prepared a water coloured drip background and then added extra colour using the Honeycomb Background stencil. I stamped the circles and words on top.

The bee was stamped, coloured with Copics and hand cut before popping up on foam pads and added to the corner. The wings are really glistening in real life thanks to a layer of Wink of Stella.


Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Bee Geometric
Stencil: Funky Fossil, Honeycomb Background
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black; Ranger distress, spiced marmalade
Colours: Copics, RV02, BG01, E50, C5, YR15, YR16; Wink of Stella, clear

My next sample is a completely different genre and I've used the smaller bee stamp from the set for a shaker window card.


I die cut the arched window - chosen for its similarity in shape to a bee hive - and stamped the geometric design onto yellow card to go behind it. I'm thinking the sequins in the shaker window are sort of hexagonal like a honeycomb too.


Once again the wings got a bit of added shimmer from Wink of Stella.

Supplies:
Stamps – Funky Fossil, Bee Geometric
Ink: Versafine Clair, nocturne
Die: Pretty Pink Posh, Window frames
Miya oil pencils
Wink of Stella, clear
Sequins from my stash

My final share for this set and the last of my pre-release peeks too is a cool contemporary and, dare I say it,  more CAS card. Right up my alley then and demonstrating how versatile this set can be.


I started by stamping the top border using the small bee and small stamps from the set. This I adhered to a white card base with a wider aqua strip at the bottom. I covered the join with a strip of micro thin washi tape and stamped the greeting.

The large bee was stamped and hand cut, popped up onto foam pads and added just below the sentiment.


Supplies:
Stamps – Funky Fossil, Bee Geometric
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Colours: Copic, C3, B00, B01
Wimks of Stella, clear
Washi tape

It's been a busy week for me sharing all these awesome new stamp sets from Funky Fossil, but not as busy as it's been for Sarah. She's been prepping videos and supplies ready for the release and two - yes two - shows on Hochanda tomorrow. Set your alarms on your phones so that you don't miss them - 3.00pm and 7.00pm. I'll be watching, hope you will be too!

Huge thanks for dropping by today, I'll be back tomorrow with some more cards to keep you satisfied until the shows begin.

Keep safe, stay home and watch hochanda instead!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.