Friday 8 May 2020

Funky Fossil May Pre-Release Peeks - In The Meadow

Ready for some more peeks at the May release from Funky Fossil? Here we go then!


Now isn't this set the most useful ever? So versatile and fun to get creative with. I started with some multi coloured stamping.


Now I love a line of things across a card and these stamps are just perfect for that. Once the sentiment was added to the end I then drew in three black lines using a ruler to catch the eye.


Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, In The Meadow
Inks: Ranger distress, blueprint sketch, picked raspberry, wilted violet, mermaid lagoon, lucky clover, peacock feathers; Versafine Clair, nocturne
Card: Papermill Direct, Ocean Blue

And then I really got inky and played with the brushos. I sprinkled the powder, sprayed it with water and let it work its magic.


I chose three of the stamps and put them straight on top as silhouettes. The card was finished with a sentiment from the same set.


Supplies:
Stamps – Funky Fossil, In The Meadow
Ink: Versafine Clair, nocturne; Brusho splattered, turquoise, yellow, leaf green, ultramarine, purple

So while I had the brushos out I thought I might as well colour up my fingers a bit more and sprinkled the powders onto a baby wipe. The baby wipe effectively became my ink pad for this next card.


How beautiful do the stamps look used with this technique. Sort of blurry like looking across a field on a hot summer's day.


Supplies:
Stamps – Funky Fossil, In The Meadow
Ink: Versafine Clair, nocturne; Brusho on a wet wipe, turquoise, yellow, leaf green, ultramarine, purple

Only one more day of peeks left now. Tomorrow brings another bee stamp set, but not a bit like the first one I shared on Tuesday. Much more grungy and art journal friendly. Hope that's got you intrigued!

Thanks for your time today, I really appreciate you visiting my blog.

Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Jane. This really is a beautiful set and you've used it to great effect. Love the brushos, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.