Tuesday 5 May 2020

Funky Fossil May Pre-Release Peeks - Bees Knees

I'm super excited that you've come to visit today as it's the first day of pre-release peeks at the May Funky Fossil release. And we're kicking off with the most adorable set called Bees Knees.


This set just calls out for building a scene and that's just what I've done with my first card sample.


I started by stamping the three toadstools masking each one off as I went to get that overlapped look. then I went in with the Cobblestones and Scenic Borders stencils and bit of blue sky at the top.


I finished off with the addition of a bee and the greeting.

Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Bees Knees
Stencils: Funky Fossil, Cobblestones, Scenic Borders
Inks: Ranger distress, mustard seed, Spiced marmalade; Ranger distress oxide, peeled paint, pine needles, twisted citron; Memento, tuxedo black
Colours; Copic, E21, E23, YR04, Y35, R29; Miya oil pencils; Sakura white gelly roll

But this set doesn't just have to be for scenes it can also be used for a more CAS card.


I was thinking male for this card and stamped, coloured and hand cut the toadstool in blue shades. I then matted it all up onto a stitched square and some plaid paper.


Don't you just love that sentiment - prefect for a guy!

Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Bees Knees
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Colours: Copic, B93, B95, YG01, YG03
Paper: MFT, Plaid Patterns
Die: left over square from Lawn Fawn Foursquare Backdrop

My last card for today is a bit of a scene again but a more CAS version. I really like the idea of combining the house toadstool with its occupant and a country path. So this is what I came up with.


The toadstool and flowers were stamped first and then masked off. I then added another mask to make the winding path and used the Honeycomb Background stencil.


The sentiment for this card is from Scandi home which was in the last release.

Supplies:
Stamps: Funky Fossil, Bees Knees, Scandi Home
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black; Ranger distress, mustard seed, spiced marmalade
Stencil: Funky Fossil, Honeycomb Background
Collurs: Copic, C1, C5, Y00, Y02, Y38, R27, R39, E50, YR04, BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG15, G17

So day 1 complete and four more days of peeks to go. Then on Sunday all five new stamp sets will be available to buy from the Funky Fossil store and Sarah will also be demonstrating some of them on Hochanda. Loads to look forward to!

Thanks so much for your time today, I really appreciate you visiting my blog.

Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love your cards! I'm a big fan of Funky Fossil too, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards Love the CAS Fun-gi. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.