Monday 21 October 2013

Monday Moments 2

My second card today is for the Less is More challenge - trees.  Again this was a no-brainer for choosing a stamp.  I immediately went to my Lavinia stamps and selected this wintery looking tree, although it's actually called Spring tree.  I considered going with a Halloween/Autumn theme as the trees do look a bit spooky, but once the inks were out I resorted to my norm and chose the purples! I added some sparkle to turn the trees into Christmas/Winter/New Year trees, but have yet to add a sentiment as I'm not sure which I'll use it for.


Supplies:
Stamp: Lavinia, Spring Trees
Ink: Adirondack, denim, purple twilight, eggplant; Versafine, onyx black
Embellishments: Stickles, Star Dust

Finally today I just want to share my cushion top made from these fabrics:


I expect you'll notice something about the fabrics, I know my friend Barb will, but it just wasn't the look I wanted so it had to go.
 

 Next job is to quilt it and sew the backing fabric and fill it. Oh and make another one!

Thanks for dropping by today.

Jane

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous masking, I love the moody purple landscape. What a gorgeous cushion cover, you are clever but I'm afraid you've lost me about the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use one of the fabrics in the first photo, which was going against the advice from the shop.

      Delete
  2. Great inking and a terrific scene!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your brayering on this !

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Speechless! That is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, loving the purple tones too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.