Thursday 31 October 2013

Thursday Thoughts

A snowflake sort of day today!

First up is a card I'm entering for the current challenge at Less is More - to use twine or string.  Both the snowflake and sentiment are from my new Uniko Studio set - Stunning Snowflakes.  I needed to keep this card clean and simple and a few attempts found their way into the pull apart and recycle category, but finally this idea popped into my head and I'm really pleased with how it looks.  Twine, button and some glitter were added to give it some dimension.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Stunning Snowflakes
Ink: Memento, bahama blue
Die: Spellbinders, Fleur De Lis Squares
Embellishments: twine & button from my stash; Stickles, Star Dust

Yesterday I went to the lovely Clare's shop in Horncastle for a workshop entitled Fancy Folds and I made this amazing star card with a beautiful Tilda and would you believe it - snowflakes. Just love how Clare converted the flower Tilda is holding into a magic snowflake wand!


A few of these goodies then jumped into my bag and back home I made a red version to match my real Christmas tree colours as I'm thinking I might hang it at Christmas. Oh and I couldn't resist adding even more snowflakes and glitter to this one! (Have discovered glitter doesn't photograph that well.)


Supplies:
Stamp: Magnolia, Summer Flower Tilda
Die: Joycrafts, Winter Wishes
Paper: Bazill Basics & from my stash
Embellishments: Stickles, diamond

Thanks for dropping by today.

Jane 






1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that I'm so late in visiting this time!
    This is so pretty!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.