Thursday 17 October 2013

Thursday Thoughts

A beautiful sunny morning after a day of almost continual rain yesterday.  I have plans to go out for a walk this afternoon if the sunshine holds.

My card today uses my favourite new Lavinia stamp - Willow the Witch and I'm entering it for the Less is More challenge - one layer witches and wizards.  I used my ink dusters and a circular mask to make the background circle, choosing my all time best colours - purples and pinks. Then I stamped Willow and some tree twigs round the circle.  Finally I stamped the sentiment and then added a bat to finish it off.


Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia, Willow the witch, bats & oak tree; Personal Impressions, Fairy Scene sentiment
Ink: Adirondack, raspberry, purple twilight, eggplant; Versafine, onyx black

Oh and by the way IT'S FINISHED! I'm talking about my quilt of course!  There were times when I thought this day would never come, but at last it's on the bed and done.

Here I am just finishing off the quilting.
 

Here it is all bound and finished.
 

And finally it's on the bed.
 

I've learnt my lesson - much smaller projects from now on!

Thanks for dropping by and looking.

Jane 

2 comments:

  1. This is a fab card and your quilt is amazing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card and I love the quilt

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.