Sunday 6 October 2013

Sunday Slot

Today I'm going to share my newly completed Japanese folded patchwork bag. I used a pattern designed by Liz Hands and some bargain fat quarters picked up at a local shop.  The colours are just so pretty, but quite an adventure for me. I think it was the beautiful fabrics I first fell in love with and just went along with the colours, but now I'm loving them too.

Here's the story:

Everything cut out and ready to go.


 Sewing round to make circles.


Circle all turned through and the edges folded over.  Insert squares prepared by adding wadding.



The first four squares hand sewn with their inserts showing the four different fabric combinations I used.

All the squares finished and ready to sew together.

 

All laid out in the correct order.


All sewn together.

Beginning to look like a bag, just the handles to sew.


The finished bag.  Now all I need to do is find a use for it!


Thanks for looking.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.