Monday 23 April 2018

Monday Moment

There's a really interesting challenge going on at Less is More at the moment - Bring Something Back.


Well I don't know about you, but I have a whole load of stash that hasn't seen the light of day for a long time, but somehow I can't quite bring myself to ditch it.  And now I know why - I need to keep it for challenges like this!


My first ever really big purchase when I began card making was my trusty Cuttlebug Machine and I'm still using it for die cutting on a daily basis today. Yes I've got a fancy eBosser, but that needs to be plugged in and works beautifully but slowly, so it's always my Cuttlebug that I go to.

And I have a feeling this embossing folder was probably included in the bundle that came with it. So my 'bring it back' is embossing folders that once upon a time I used on nearly every card I made, but now rarely get a look in.


In fact I was feeling so guilty about showing so little love to my embossing folders that I made a second card.


And then I remembered why I stopped using embossing folders - I can never get a clean look without those tell tale creases where the edges of the folder hit the card. So this one got trimmed down to cut those ugly bits off before being matted onto the pink strip.


Supplies:
Embossing: Cuttlebug folders
Dies: Lawn Fawn, large stitched square stackables; Spellbinders, classic large squares; Lil'inker, stitched mats long & skinny rectangles

It's been great fun to share my 'bring it back' with you today. Thanks so much for dropping by.

And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Happy to read that you had fun playing with your old embossing folders, Jane ! And even more happy to see what you've done with them. I just wondered "why do we always want new stuff when with a simple folder you can make such CAS beauties !?" J'adore ! Really love your elegant designs, so beautiful ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super makes. Nice delicate makes

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well these are simply FAB-U-LOUS Jane! Ooozing CAS and a brilliant little look back at how your crafting evolved in the post. Neat, classy and wonderful designs and perfect take on our 'bring it back' challenge at Less is More. Thanks as always for playing along. x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.