Wednesday 4 April 2018

Wednesday Words

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards I made for the challenge at Less is More.  They are asking players to CAS(E) this wonderful card by Aileen.

     


This is my first card where I pretty much copied Aileen's card. I was so in awe of her card that I couldn't see any other way of interpreting it!


So I got busy stamping and masking and then trying out some blue copics with the very beautiful Uniko Beautiful Blooms III. 


I then die cut the sentiment window, stamped the greeting onto the cut out piece and placed it back into the aperture. I matted it all onto a dark blue card base and added a tiny die cut heart to finish off.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Beautiful Bloom III, Simply Said Blocks
Inks: SU, night of navy
Dies: MFT, stitched rectangle word window; Lawn Fawn, hearts
Pens: Copic, B12, B14, B18

It was whilst I was colouring that an idea popped into my head about CAS(E)ing Aileen's card in a different way. And I came up with this:


It was the long plait of hair that caught my eye - somehow it reminded me of the way the petals intertwined on the flower blooms.  And off I went on a complete tangent!


I added liberal amounts of sparkle to the hair and bow to pick up on the silver from Aileen's card. Then I die cut the same tiny heart as I used on the first card and matted the whole lot onto gorgeous sparkly silver card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Fairy Tale Maiden
Ink: SU, night of navy
Die: Lawn Fawn, hearts
Pens: Copic, B12, B14, B18, B00, B01, E000, R20, C1, C3

So which one to link up at Less is More? Much as I adore the first card - simply because it's such a close copy of Aileen's card - I think I'm going for the Rapunzel look-a-like card as I'm hoping it will stand out more because it's such a weird interpretation!

Thanks so much for coming to see my blog today, it's been great to have your company.

And keep crafting!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Two totally fab makes shared in this post, tough call over which to enter - but I applaud your choice

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous cards Jane, fabulous CAS designs and I especially love the way you used the Uniko stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your floral card, while your princess in the tower is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! Very creative use of the inspiration for your second card & I really like the sentiment treatment on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful CASE cards! I love your use of blue Copics and in your first card you've done splendid job with masking to create a similar flower that Aileen had on her card. Well done, Jane! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful cards, Jane. Your first is a beautiful version of Aileen's card, and I love the way you've inlaid the sentiment. And your second, what a fabulous (not weird!) interpretation. Love that sparkly card base too and the addition of your little hearts on each is such a sweet touch.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful, Jane. The first floral card is a spot on CASE of Aileen’s card, but I LOVE the creative process behind your maiden card. So cool and unique. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful Jane, particularly like the inlaid sentiment on the first. Love the girl with the lovely long plait and her amazing blue hair and the silver bow and trim. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card! Thanks for sharing at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.