Our sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays and I used their beautiful Mon Ami flower for my card.
If you know this stamp you'll probably have guessed that I went with the optional twist of masking. It's quite a difficult idea to visualise so I made a little photo tutorial to show how I achieved this effect.
1. I stamped the flower onto white card stock.
2. I stamped the flower onto masking paper, hand cut it and placed it over the stamped flower.
3. I flipped the flower stamp so that it was upside down and stamped it over the mask.
4. I placed another mask over the upside down flower.
5. I turned the stamp sideways and stamped it over the two masks, once facing left and once facing right.
6. I removed the masks to reveal the finished result.
I finished off the card by adding some colour using my Copic pens and a greeting tucked under the floral focal point.
Stamps: CAS-ual Fridays, Mon Ami
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Pens: Copic, BV000, BV13, V12, C0
It's really such a simple technique and gives lots more possibilities to extend the use of a stamp set. Want to see if any of the other AAA Cards DT have used masking in this or other ways? You can find them all here as well as the beautiful card created by our Guest Designer Julie B. You'll be bowled over by the dramatic look julie has achieved with her card.
Thanks so much for your time today, I'm so pleased you visited my blog. If you'd like to follow me here on my blog I'd be delighted to see you pop up.
And keep crafting!